App server unable to connect to SQL Server 2000 developer edition on localhost.

Discussion in 'Java' started by LB, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. LB

    LB Guest

    Anyone encounter differences between SQL2K EE and SQL2K Dev Editon?

    FAILS
    -----
    Machine_A [App Server] <-- JDBC --> Machine_A\SQL2K_Dev_Ed..db

    Error: "com.inet.tds.SQLException: Connection refused"

    When app server on Machine_A attempts to connect to database on
    Machine_A the conenction is refused.

    SUCCEEDS
    ---------
    Machine_A [App Server] <-- JDBC --> Machine_B\SQL2K_EE..db

    When app server on Machine_A attempts to connect to database on
    Machine_B the conenction succeeds and the app server runs normally.

    JDBC driver: com.inet.tds.TdsDriver

    jdbc:inetdae7:locahost:1433

    I don't believe the app server is exhausting the 10-connection max on
    SQL2K developer edition (there is a 10-connection limit imposed on the
    developer edition, correct?)

    LB

    LB, Apr 7, 2004

  2. LB

    Simon Hayes Guest

    (LB) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Anyone encounter differences between SQL2K EE and SQL2K Dev Editon?
    >
    > FAILS
    > -----
    > Machine_A [App Server] <-- JDBC --> Machine_A\SQL2K_Dev_Ed..db
    >
    > Error: "com.inet.tds.SQLException: Connection refused"
    >
    > When app server on Machine_A attempts to connect to database on
    > Machine_A the conenction is refused.
    >

    > SUCCEEDS
    > ---------
    > Machine_A [App Server] <-- JDBC --> Machine_B\SQL2K_EE..db
    >

    > When app server on Machine_A attempts to connect to database on
    > Machine_B the conenction succeeds and the app server runs normally.
    >
    > JDBC driver: com.inet.tds.TdsDriver
    >
    > jdbc:inetdae7:locahost:1433
    >
    > I don't believe the app server is exhausting the 10-connection max on
    > SQL2K developer edition (there is a 10-connection limit imposed on the
    > developer edition, correct?)
    >
    > LB

    There is no connection limit in Developer Edition - it's Enterprise
    Edition with a different licence.

    I don't know exactly what "Connection refused" means, but you might
    want to check the SQL Server logs for failed logins, and also test
    your username/password combination with osql.exe or whatever, just to
    make sure it works correctly. You could also check the authentication
    modes on the two servers (Windows or Mixed), to see if they are the
    same - username/password works only in Mixed mode, if that's what
    you're using.

    Simon

    Simon Hayes, Apr 7, 2004

  3. LB

    LB Guest

    (Simon Hayes) wrote in message news:<>...

    .... [See first post for text that appeared here]

    > There is no connection limit in Developer Edition - it's Enterprise
    > Edition with a different licence.
    >
    > I don't know exactly what "Connection refused" means, but you might
    > want to check the SQL Server logs for failed logins, and also test
    > your username/password combination with osql.exe or whatever, just to
    > make sure it works correctly. You could also check the authentication
    > modes on the two servers (Windows or Mixed), to see if they are the
    > same - username/password works only in Mixed mode, if that's what
    > you're using.
    >
    > Simon

    Thanks for the feedback.

    LB