Arachno Ruby IDE

Yura Kloubakov

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Roberts [mailto:[email protected]]

Which is particularly weird, given that Lothar is the principle of a
company which claims to be developing IDEs for open source scripting
languages (betas expected at end of the year...)!

Like Ruby:

http://www.ruby-ide.com/arachno_ruby.php

He's not much of a salesman for himself, I'd say!

I like this (http://www.ruby-ide.com/ruby_cgi.php#debug):

"With our advanced debugging capabilities you can increase your
development time rapidly."

Yura.

Gennady

Which is particularly weird, given that Lothar is the principle of a
company which claims to be developing IDEs for open source scripting
languages (betas expected at end of the year...)!

Like Ruby:

http://www.ruby-ide.com/arachno_ruby.php

He's not much of a salesman for himself, I'd say!

I like this (http://www.ruby-ide.com/ruby_cgi.php#debug):

"With our advanced debugging capabilities you can increase your
development time rapidly."

It looks like one-of-a-kind debugger ;-)

Gennady.

gabriele renzi

I like this (http://www.ruby-ide.com/ruby_cgi.php#debug):

"With our advanced debugging capabilities you can increase your
development time rapidly."

that's not somthing to joke, sadly.

current debug.rb slows ruby hugely,
and IIRC lothar scholz talked about their debugger long time ago in
the past, saying that they had something working without the overhead
of current -rdebug.

PS
anyone out there, please remeber to be kind

Lothar Scholz

Hello gabriele,

gr> that's not somthing to joke, sadly.

gr> current debug.rb slows ruby hugely,

Right it's really bad to get it running on huge programs.
And the same is true for the profiler which can be useless with all the
overhead added.

I'm sorry for the tone of some of the postings. But the current
state of the Ruby evolution was one of the reason why Ruby was moving
to the end of our priority list. Only two weeks ago we ago we had
made the decision that Python and PHP is the way to go at the moment.
This is the reason why i get a little bit frustrated at the moment and
post things like "Python 25 times as popular".

Gennady

Lothar said:
Hello gabriele,

gr> il Wed, 4 Feb 2004 01:51:07 +0900, Yura Kloubakov <[email protected]> ha
gr> scritto::

gr> that's not somthing to joke, sadly.

gr> current debug.rb slows ruby hugely,

Right it's really bad to get it running on huge programs.
And the same is true for the profiler which can be useless with all the
overhead added.

It looks like you guys did not get the joke. Yura was pointing out to an
apparent typo: "With our advanced debugging capabilities you can
INCREASE your development time rapidly.". Shouldn't DECREASE be use
here? After all it is talking not of Ruby debugger, rather the Arachno
"advanced" one.