Arguments are of the wrong type...connecting to Access DB

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by thecubemonkey, Oct 3, 2008.

  1. I'm having an issue with connecting to an Access DB. I'm getting the
    following error:

    ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9'
    Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are
    in conflict with one another.
    /newsite/faq_test.asp, line 57

    Can you look at the code in both my global.asa and ASP file to see if
    the problem is my code or a setting on the server. Thanks in advance.

    Global.asa
    SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript" RUNAT="Server">

    Sub Application_OnStart()

    Dim strConn
    strConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=D:\.....\.....
    \......\faq.mdb"
    Application("strConn") = strConn

    End Sub

    </SCRIPT>

    ASP File
    <%
    Dim rsFAQ
    Set rsFAQ = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

    rsFAQ.Open "FAQ", Application("strConn"), adOpenKeyset,
    adLockReadOnly, adCmdText
    Response.Write "DEBUG"

    Do While Not rsFAQ.EOF
    rsFAQ.MoveNext
    Loop
    If rsFAQ.BOF Then
    Response.Write "<p>No FAQs in the database!</p>" & vbNewLine
    End If

    rsFAQ.Close
    %>
    thecubemonkey, Oct 3, 2008