Ascx and panels - Help

Sunshine

Hello all and thank you for your time. I have an application that I
have just taken maintenance over from a consulting firm. The
application uses a lot of user controls and panels to control
information. I see that when the page is loaded (aspx), it loads all
the user controls(ascx) as well. The problem I'm seeing that when the
user goes to a different panel (pnlMain.visible = true), the main page
is reload which causes all the user controls to reload. The is causing
many unneccessary calls to the server and time issues. How can I speed
up the process (I am checking Page.IsPostBack) and cut back on calls to
the server?

Sunshine

Kevin Spencer

Have it dynamically load only the Panels it needs. While this doesn't cut
down on the number of round-trips to the server (not a big deal) it does cut
down on the processing and memory useage on the server (big deal).

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP