    Regards,

    Chris
    , Nov 16, 2007

  2. Larry Bud Guest

    On Nov 16, 12:43 pm, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am wondering if there would be any issues with having both ASP
    > classic and ASP.NET pages residing in the same environment. There is
    > currently discussion where I work about migrating a large ASP site
    > over to ASP.NET, and there is debate over whether or not to do it
    > piecemeal.
    >
    > If we mix the two technologies, would there be any gotchas I should be
    > aware of?

    What do you mean by the same environment? Just on the same web
    server, or are you planning on mixing .net and classic pages in the
    same app?

    If it's just on the same web server, you're fine. If you plan on
    mixing pages in the same app, it's frought with problems (such as not
    sharing session info).
    Larry Bud, Nov 16, 2007

  3. The only issue I've ever experienced with having classic ASP pages and ASPX
    pages on the same site is the obvious one - Session values are not shared
    between them, because each handles Session differently.

    --Peter
    "Inside every large program, there is a small program trying to get out."
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
    http://www.blogmetafinder.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Nov 16, 2007
  4. Phil H Guest

    On 16 Nov, 17:43, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am wondering if there would be any issues with having both ASP
    > classic and ASP.NET pages residing in the same environment. There is
    > currently discussion where I work about migrating a large ASP site
    > over to ASP.NET, and there is debate over whether or not to do it
    > piecemeal.
    >
    > If we mix the two technologies, would there be any gotchas I should be
    > aware of?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Chris

    There is the issue regarding hyperlink address changes, have you
    thought of that? I'm thinking in particular of internal links between
    pages. All the new ones will be .aspx while the old ones are .asp, so
    any links in the old pages that point to a modified version will have
    to be ammended. Similarly, any new pages pointing to old ones will
    have to be ammended as the target pages are upgraded.

    The effort required to maintain integrity during the transitional
    phase may make the piecemeal approach too difficult or a waste of
    time.

    HTH
    Phil H, Nov 18, 2007