ASP Cookies + Frames = Problems

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Dan Meehan, May 12, 2004.

  1. Dan Meehan

    Dan Meehan Guest

    I created a music website that allows people to sign up and post
    messages on some message boards and update their profiles and such.
    The login script uses cookies, so when they Log Into the site it does
    something like:

    Response.cookies("ID") = RS.fields("UserID").value
    Response.cookies("USERNAME") = RS.fields("Username").value
    Response.cookies("LEVEL") = RS.fields("ULevel").value

    and from there, I have a header include that will verify that they are
    logged in using something like this:

    if Request.cookies("ID") <> "" then
    {{code code code}}
    else
    {{code code code}}
    end if

    Everything worked great! It had for some 5 months now.

    HOWEVER..recently I added a frame to the bottom of the site, which
    houses a radio bar. The radio is constantly streaming out music, so I
    don't want to refresh it or else the music is going to be disrupted.
    The top frame holds the site exactly as it was before. But, now I am
    getting some complaints that people cannot Log In. I cant put the
    radio in a pop up window because there is prime advertising space on
    it, which is very important to our business.

    So..is there some reason that ASP cookies + frames = problems? Is
    there any way I can fix this without killing my frames?
    Dan Meehan, May 12, 2004