    Is there any sample code out there that anyone knows about?

    I appreciate your time and feedback and Thanks in advance for your help.

    PSULionRP
    PSULionRP, Aug 12, 2008

  2. PSULionRP

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?UFNVTGlvblJQ?= wrote on 12 aug 2008 in

    > I need a crash course in ASP development. Specifically, I have to
    > develop an ASP program which will read data, write out Excel
    > spreadsheets, write out pipe-delimited files, and update a back-end
    > SQL Server database.
    >
    > Anything that anyone can point me to would be GREATLY appreciated.
    >
    > Is there any sample code out there that anyone knows about?
    >
    > I appreciate your time and feedback and Thanks in advance for your
    > help.

    "Need"?

    Hire a professional,
    or take the time to get enough experience.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Aug 12, 2008

  3. PSULionRP

    PSULionRP Guest

    Killing me with a response like that. I hope someone can help. I'm sure it's
    not too hard to pick up.

    PSULionRP, Aug 12, 2008
  4. PSULionRP

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?UFNVTGlvblJQ?= wrote on 12 aug 2008 in

    > "Evertjan." wrote:
    >
    >> =?Utf-8?B?UFNVTGlvblJQ?= wrote on 12 aug 2008 in
    >>
    >> > I need a crash course in ASP development. Specifically, I have to
    >> > develop an ASP program which will read data, write out Excel
    >> > spreadsheets, write out pipe-delimited files, and update a back-end
    >> > SQL Server database.
    >> >
    >> > Anything that anyone can point me to would be GREATLY appreciated.
    >> >
    >> > Is there any sample code out there that anyone knows about?
    >> >
    >> > I appreciate your time and feedback and Thanks in advance for your
    >> > help.

    >> "Need"?
    >>
    >> Hire a professional,
    >> or take the time to get enough experience.

    [Please do not toppost on usenet and do not quote signatures]

    > Killing me with a response like that. I hope someone can help. I'm
    > sure it's not too hard to pick up.

    How can you be certain, If you still "need" a crash cource?

    Methinks you do not know what you "need", only what you "want",
    and you should be gratefull with a honnest advice.

    Usenet is not in the business to give the answers you want,
    if they are not the right ones. For that try a paid helpdesk.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Aug 12, 2008
  5. PSULionRP wrote:
    > I need a crash course in ASP development. Specifically, I have to
    > develop an ASP program which will read data, write out Excel
    > spreadsheets, write out pipe-delimited files, and update a back-end
    > SQL Server database.
    >
    > Anything that anyone can point me to would be GREATLY appreciated.
    >
    > Is there any sample code out there that anyone knows about?
    >
    > I appreciate your time and feedback and Thanks in advance for your
    > help.

    1. Decide whether you wish to use classic ASP or ASP.Net. You will need to
    do some resarch to make this decision. This is a classic ASP group so people
    here are likely to advise the technology they use. You need to do the
    research to make your own decision.
    2. There are plenty of tutorial sites out there ... asp101, etc. Go visit
    them to see if they have what you need.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 13, 2008
  6. "PSULionRP" <> wrote in message

    > "Evertjan." wrote:
    >
    >> =?Utf-8?B?UFNVTGlvblJQ?= wrote on 12 aug 2008 in
    >>
    >> > I need a crash course in ASP development. Specifically, I have to
    >> > develop an ASP program which will read data, write out Excel
    >> > spreadsheets, write out pipe-delimited files, and update a back-end
    >> > SQL Server database.
    >> >
    >> > Anything that anyone can point me to would be GREATLY appreciated.
    >> >
    >> > Is there any sample code out there that anyone knows about?
    >> >
    >> > I appreciate your time and feedback and Thanks in advance for your
    >> > help.

    >> "Need"?
    >>
    >> Hire a professional,
    >> or take the time to get enough experience.

    > Killing me with a response like that. I hope someone can help. I'm sure
    > it's
    > not too hard to pick up.

    It's easier to pick up for some than for others. It depends on what you
    already know about programming. But mostly, it depends on your levels of
    persistence, desire and aptitude. If all you want to do is get this project
    done, and then forget all about ASP (or ASP.NET), Evertjan's advice is very
    sound - hire someone. Likewise, if you are up against a deadline, that
    might be the best solution too. Otherwise, as well as the tutorial series
    that Jon linked to, here's another one: www.w3schools.com/asp.

    --
    Mike Brind
    MVP - ASP/ASP.NET