asp functions

Ryan Gunn

Hello. I am new to the newsgroup, and also new to JavaScript. I created
a page that will take a users telephone number ex...612 222 2222 . Now
I am trying to create a function that will take that number and put in
in this format ex (612)222-2222.

Lee

Ryan Gunn said:
Hello. I am new to the newsgroup, and also new to JavaScript. I created
a page that will take a users telephone number ex...612 222 2222 . Now
I am trying to create a function that will take that number and put in
in this format ex (612)222-2222.

If you're absolutely sure that it's going to be in that format,
then you can probably get away with:

function formatPhone(str){
return str.replace(/^(\d{3}) (\d{3}) (\d{4})/,"($1)$2-$3");
}

But it's hard for me to imagine how you're going to be
sure that it's in that exact format when you receive it.
Some people might put dashes in the numbers, some may
add the parentheses.

If your page is on the Internet, you might even come
across a few phone numbers like "011-52 (55) 256-0901".

kaeli

Hello. I am new to the newsgroup, and also new to JavaScript. I created
a page that will take a users telephone number ex...612 222 2222 . Now
I am trying to create a function that will take that number and put in
in this format ex (612)222-2222.

Client-side javascript, server-side JScript, or server-side VBScript?

~kaeli~
Found God? If nobody claims Him in 30 days, He's yours to
keep.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace