asp.net 2.0 a few Noob questions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by webmaster@1stmiami.com, Sep 18, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I've been playing around with asp.net 2.0/vs.net 2005/C# 2005 - I had a
    few noob questions.

    1. Is there a setting that sets all current and future controls on a
    page to position absolutely automatically so that I don't have to set
    this sytle every time?

    2. I'd like to code have a "New" button, that when selected makes
    visible a detailview in insert mode and with only the insert command
    available. I would imagine I'd be adding an onclick event for the
    button that makes the control visible, but how would I graphically
    configure edittemplate (I think) for the control to only exist in
    insert mode? Perhaps my approach is wrong.

    3. How do I dynamically set the ErrorMessage of a custom validator?

    This code works with the preset ErrorMessage.

    protected void CustomValidator1_ServerValidate(object source,
    ServerValidateEventArgs args)
    {
    if (TextBox1.Text.Length < 1)
    {