Asp.net 2.0 and generated dll file

Arjen

Hi,

When compiling webproject using vs2003 with asp.net 1.1 I get a dll file.

Now I get, using vwd2005 express beta 2 with asp.2.0, no dll file.

Why is this? Are there no dll file's for asp.net 2.0? Or has this to do with
vs and vwd?

Thanks!

Brock Allen

In VS2003 you get two assemblies -- one for the codebehind that VS.NET produces
at compile time and one for the ASPX that ASP.NET produces at runtime.

In v2.0 there are still assemblies, It's just that they're all compiled by
ASP.NET at runtime. If you want to precompile you can use the aspnet_compiler.exe
tool or the Build menu's Publish Website option. That produces all the assemblies
at compile time (modulo updatable precompile).

Arjen

Okay, thanks!

Arjen