    Why is this? Are there no dll file's for asp.net 2.0? Or has this to do with
    vs and vwd?

    Thanks!
    Arjen, Aug 1, 2005

  2. Arjen

    Brock Allen Guest

    In VS2003 you get two assemblies -- one for the codebehind that VS.NET produces
    at compile time and one for the ASPX that ASP.NET produces at runtime.

    In v2.0 there are still assemblies, It's just that they're all compiled by
    ASP.NET at runtime. If you want to precompile you can use the aspnet_compiler.exe
    tool or the Build menu's Publish Website option. That produces all the assemblies
    at compile time (modulo updatable precompile).

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Aug 1, 2005