ASP.NET 2.0 Can't download EXE files

Michael Tissington

I have a web site with some EXE files for people to download.
However, when ever I try to download one of these filese I get an error

Can't find Server or DNS error ...

And yes the url is correct.

Any idea what might be causing this ?

Michael Tissington

Yes, its a hosted site.

They have setup the script mappings but still no joy.

I get the same problem with exe, pfd, msi, zip (all of which they have setup
they script mappings for)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your posting.
Regarding on this file downloading issue, I've also found your another
duplicated thread in this group:

Subject: ASP2.0 Can't download files Forms Authentication
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 21:31:00 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

I've posted my response there. I'd appreciate if you have a look there.
Also, if you feel it convenient that we continue to discuss in that thread,
please feel free to post there.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "Michael Tissington" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: ASP.NET 2.0 Can't download EXE files
| Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 16:17:48 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Yes, its a hosted site.
|
| They have setup the script mappings but still no joy.
|
| I get the same problem with exe, pfd, msi, zip (all of which they have
setup
| they script mappings for)
|
| --
| Michael Tissington
| http://www.oaklodge.com
| http://www.tabtag.com
|
| | > Hi Michael,
| >
| > Is this on a site hosted for you?
| >
| > Check whether .exe is a forbidden extension.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815152#XSLTH31261211
21120121120120