    Michael Tissington
    http://www.oaklodge.com
    http://www.tabtag.com
    Michael Tissington, Dec 4, 2005

  2. Hi Michael,

    Is this on a site hosted for you?

    Check whether .exe is a forbidden extension.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815152#XSLTH3126121121120121120120

    Some extensions may be handled by ASP.NET

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2wawkw1c.aspx

    Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP, Dec 4, 2005

  3. Yes, its a hosted site.

    They have setup the script mappings but still no joy.

    I get the same problem with exe, pfd, msi, zip (all of which they have setup
    they script mappings for)

    --
    Michael Tissington
    http://www.oaklodge.com

    Michael Tissington, Dec 5, 2005
  4. Hi Michael,

    Thanks for your posting.
    Regarding on this file downloading issue, I've also found your another
    duplicated thread in this group:

    Subject: ASP2.0 Can't download files Forms Authentication
    Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 21:31:00 -0800
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    I've posted my response there. I'd appreciate if you have a look there.
    Also, if you feel it convenient that we continue to discuss in that thread,
    please feel free to post there.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support