    wondering if there was a more "correct" way to perform installation.
    Just trying not to trample on any standard installation methods here.

    Thanks for any advice.
    Chris DiPierro, Sep 18, 2006

  2. You could potentially stomp a site, so this is potentially dangerous. If you
    run with /ir, you can install the scripts without defaulting all sites. you
    can then use an exported definition of a site to set up the website and run
    the aspnet_regiis for that particular site, instead of all sites, which will
    not stomp all sites. I am not sure how to set up separate app pool
    programatically, but you will have to ensure there are at least two app
    pools if they are still running 1.x.

    If this is with your company and you do not have a 1.x problem, you can
    simply run aspnet_regiis without a problem.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside of the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Sep 19, 2006