    kinds of templates that I need? Can I easily convert existing templates to
    work in ASP.NET 2.0? Can anyone recommend any good websites?

    Thanks for all your help.

    dm1608, Nov 19, 2005

  2. dm1608

    clintonG Guest

    I would say yes, any canned template can be reused but you need to learn how
    to convert it. For example, only the HTML in the body of the canned template
    is going to be reused as the prolog and the head for HTML files are written
    into the .master file. There are other issues transferring CSS when using
    Themes and Skins but its all do-able given the time to learn this new model.

    I don't know of any defintive tutorials in the context you are asking about
    but the following resources may prove helpful noting many of the documents
    that are out there may discuss issues that were present during the beta but
    have been changed after 2.0 was RTM.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

    [1]
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/06/ASPNET20MasterPages/default.aspx
    [2] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/wtxbf3hh(en-us,vs.80).aspx

    clintonG, Nov 19, 2005

  3. dm1608

    dm1608 Guest

    Thanks for the kind reply.

    I printed your suggestions and will read later tonight.

    I hope some of these template companies start making/selling templates
    specifically for ASP.NET 2.0. That would be nice.

    dm1608, Nov 20, 2005