    except it can not access some virtual directories. How can I add these?

    Thanks

    Eric
    =?Utf-8?B?ZXN3YW5zb24=?=, Jul 11, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZXN3YW5zb24=?=

    tfsmag Guest

    Have you tried running it from the version of IIS that installs with
    xp? I think the vs2005 dev server is only supposed to work with that
    project and as far as I know cannot use virtual directories. I could be
    mistaken on that though.

    I'd try setting it up on xp IIS and testing from http://localhost/

    Someone please correct me if i'm wrong!

    tfsmag, Jul 11, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?ZXN3YW5zb24=?=

    tfsmag Guest

    Actually I found this after a quick search...

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/04/05/442032.aspx

    hope that helps you in the right direction.

    tfsmag, Jul 11, 2006
  4. Hi Eric,

    Thank you for your post.

    After reviewing your post, I'm still not quite clear on some points. Could
    you please helping me on following questions so that we can work on this
    issue together?
    1) By means of "how to add virtual directory references", do you mean that
    you want to create virtual directory in IIS when creating web applications
    in Visual Studio 2005?
    2) By means of "some of my 3rd party controls depend on virtual
    directories", do you mean that the 3rd party controls use some hard-coded
    resource path, such as "/companyX_scripts"?

    When you create a web site in VS2005 by using the file system mode, you can
    using the built-in web server (webdev.webserver.exe) for development. While
    it's easy and doesn't require IIS to run, it does have some limitations
    such as it can only be visited from localhost and can only handle one root
    path.

    For such scenario, I recommend you use IIS mode when creating web site in
    VS2005. Though please note that Windows XP Home Edition does't have IIS
    support. Please feel free to post here if you need help on how to create
    IIS virtual directory from VS2005.

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jul 12, 2006
  5. Hi Eric,

    If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more
    than happy to be of assistance.

    Have a great day!

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jul 14, 2006