ASP.NET 2.0 Personal Website problem

Bendik Engebretsen

I have made an ASP.NET 2.0 site using the Personal Website Starter Kit. I
did this on an XP machine and it the site runs fine on this machine. I have
then tried to publish it to our Windows 2003 Server. I have installed the
..NET 2.0 framework and SQL Server Experess 2005. First I ran into trouble
with the App_Data\*.mdb/ldb database files. Apparently, the SQL server did
not have sufficient rights to modify them. I think I managed to fix that by
removing and creating a new App_Data folder and giving the 'NETWORK SERVICE'
user read and write access. Now I get a different error message saying:

"The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource
'ObjectDataSource1' could not be found."

Any ASP experts that recognize this error and can tell me what is wrong ?

Bendik

Guest

Hi,

I do not know in ASP.NET 2.0 but in ASP 1.x when deploying your web site to
a server you need to be sure that the ASPNET group is defined with proper
rights in the root of the web site and correesponding users pasted in...

Have you check if its also the case ?