ASP.Net 2.0 project root question

Guest

I have a question regarding the asp.net project setup. I created a very
simple project located here:

c:\web sites\test\

When it runs it runs here:

http://localhost:1315/test/Default.aspx

In Default.aspx if I put a link that refers to "~/login.aspx" or
"/login.aspx" it doesn't work because they all seem to point to
"http://localhost:1315/login.aspx".
So, I am forced to use relative links all the time. I would expect if my
project is in a folder to have that folder be the root of the web application
but that is not the case.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Erik Funkenbusch

I would expect if my
project is in a folder to have that folder be the root of the web application
but that is not the case.

What am I doing wrong?

This would only be the case if you created an Application root in the
folder. Right Click on the folder in IIS Manager, and look for the
Directory tab, and in the Application Settions section click Create.