ASP.NET 2.0 Tree Control and Navigation Controls - General Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by davidwank@gmail.com, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi.

    Why is it practical to have the ASP.NET navigation controls based on
    XML? I would love to just use databinding and then be able to
    dynamically update the navgiation menu (e.g. for a product list).

    I tried to use a dropdownlist with hyperlinks for navigation (not the
    main navigation -- a navigation subset) and even a listbox, but found
    it very cumbersome.

    The way I figure it now, is that I have to pull the data over from Sql
    Server, convert it to XML, reformat into the appropriate nodes, and the
    then populate the navigaiton control..

    Is there an easier way to do this? What am I missing??

    Thanks in advance!
    -Ranginald

    , Apr 13, 2006

  2. RE: ASP.NET 2.0 Tree Control and Navigation Controls - General Questio

    This SQL Site Map data source
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/06/02/WickedCode/

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=, Apr 13, 2006

  3. Ranginald Guest

    Re: ASP.NET 2.0 Tree Control and Navigation Controls - General Questio

    Fantastic!
    Thanks!

    Ranginald, Apr 13, 2006