asp.net 2 treeview SelectedNode Style Not Working On Client

mike uk

I'm generating a treeview (in asp.net Page_Load event) by adding nodes
to a treeview control, and then selecting a single node in the tree
using node.Select().

EnableClientScript property is set to true, which prevents any
autopostbacks.
EnableViewState property is set to false, since I'm not interested in
postbacks.

The treeview correctly shows the selected node in the style defined by
SelectedNodeStyle when the page first displays, but after the initial
page load, selecting any node in the tree does not cause the selected
item to be displayed with the correct style.

Anyone have a solution to this?

mike uk

Using version 2 control.

I'm actualy upgrading from the 1.1 control which worked perfectly fine.