    into. And any appraoches to overcoming these problems.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Bob
    Robert Storrs, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Robert Storrs

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Well to get over simple datatype in asp session and accessing them, you can
    use a custom page that transfers the data from session onto a form and then
    post that form to the aspx page.
    That way you will have values for all those session variables across in
    asp.net...
    error handing... i dont know what the problem is... asp.net has excellent
    error handling at hand....
    not very sure bout session

    anyho if you do run into problems there are lot of good brains in this
    forum... and you would sure get a good brainstorming session...

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave

    Hermit Dave, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Robert Storrs

    Scott M. Guest

    The only major isssue is that which you already mentioned.

    ASP.NET has it's own model for handling exceptions.

    Scott M., Dec 11, 2003
  4. If I am in ASP and go to the ASP.NET for greater than my
    normal ASP Session timeout, will the session timeout and I
    will not be able to return to the ASP pages?
    Robert Storrs, Dec 11, 2003
  5. Robert Storrs

    Hermit Dave Guest

    I would say keep using a mix of pages... not too many aspx requests in a
    row... that could be done by careful planning...
    that way one in a while the user always hits an asp page....

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave

    PS: Havent tried asp and asp.net mix so never had this issue but i am sure a
    proper design can keep both alive...

    Hermit Dave, Dec 11, 2003
  6. The following (and related) article may be helpful:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspnetmigrissues.asp

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer