ASP.NET application ends unexpectedly

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Olivier GIL, Jan 24, 2008.

  1. Olivier GIL

    Olivier GIL Guest

    Hello,

    I wrote an ASP.NET 2.0 application that ends unexpectedly sometimes,
    generally when I launch resource consuming methods like intensive database
    accesses.

    No application error is generated, and no event is logged on Windows event
    log.

    I tried to use ProcessModelInfo.GetCurrentProcessInfo in my Application_End
    handler to get the ShutdownReason, but the code throws then an HttpException
    saying that the process metrics are only available if ASP process model is
    enabled.

    Though, ASP process model seems to be active on my machine.config as it is
    enabled by default :

    <section name="processModel"
    type="System.Web.Configuration.ProcessModelSection, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    allowDefinition="MachineOnly" allowLocation="false" />

    <processModel autoConfig="true" />

    I use .NET 2.0 and IIS 5.1 (XP Pro version).

    How can I trace the reason why my application end ?

    --
    Olivier GIL
    LAFON SA
    Olivier GIL, Jan 24, 2008