ASP.Net Application ViewState Verification Failing in IIS 6.0

faels

We have an application that has been running in a load balanced
Windows 2000/IIS 5.0 environment for quite some time. We would like
to move to Windows Server 2003 Web Edition/IIS 6.0 platform in the
very near future.

We use a SQL Server database to keep track of state information for
the clustered team.

On the IIS 6.0 platform we keep getting an error message when
navigating past our login page. The message states that
"[HttpException (0x80004005): The viewstate is invalid for this page
and might be corrupted."

I have loaded a MS hotfix to gather more information about the error,
and we are still unable to determine why it is happening.

The application runs fine on Windows 2000/IIS 5.0, and the page source
displays the same viewstate for all servers running that IIS version.

The Windows Server 2003/IIS 6.0 server generates the error and
displays a different viewstate in the pagee source.

What is the difference between IIS 5.0 and 6.0 that affects the
ViewState information?