ASP net client validation not working

Tom

I have created a new site, using asp.net c#. My pages contain client
side validation to validate the users input. On my local machine this
works fine, but when I moved my site to the test server, the
validation don't want to execute. If I view source on the page I can
see the java script is created, but it don't execute.

I'm browsing to the site in IE, so it is not a browser problem and the
validtation works on other sites on the same server.

PLs help

Dan Bass

Tom,

A common problem...
All you need to do is insure that the "aspnet_client" folder, usually in the
Inetpub\webroot, is copied into the root folder of your project. To confirm
this, check the "spnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322" folder you've copied
contains "WebUIValindation.js".

Thanks.
Dan

Juan T. Llibre [MVP]

To complete that, if the aspnet_client folder isn't there,
or if the files have been deleted or corrupted, run

aspnet_regiis.exe -c

to install the client side scripts to the
aspnet_client subdirectory of each IIS site directory.

Juan T. Llibre
===========

Guest

I had the same problem earlier so I copied aspnet_validation from my local
(validation working Pc) to the server it was working for a month..this
morning validation stopped firing.I checked files are exactly same..I am able
to access webvalidation.js script file in test server from my pc using the
link...
Does anything changed becos of security patches that microsoft released last
week.
any help is appreciated.
Thanks
GP

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

HI GP,
Run aspnet_regiis.exe -c from the command.
It will fix it..
Patrick

Guest

We ran this command ..command ran fine..but still the same problem..Save
buttons save without checking any validation in the client side.
Any help in this problem is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
GP

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

GP,
Now try running this command to re-register it..
aspnet_regiis.exe -i
aspnet_regiis.exe -r
GDLCUK..
Patrick
** if error persists post it *

Ravichandran J.V.

Check the settings in the Tools->Internet Options->Security>Custom
Level->Scripting of your IE. Enable Java scripting in the browser and it
will work.

with regards,

J.V.Ravichandran
- http://www.geocities.com/
jvravichandran
- http://www.411asp.net/func/search?
qry=Ravichandran+J.V.&cob=aspnetpro
- http://www.southasianoutlook.com
- http://www.MSDNAA.Net
- http://www.csharphelp.com
- http://www.poetry.com/Publications/
display.asp?ID=P3966388&BN=999&PN=2
- Or, just search on "J.V.Ravichandran"
at http://www.Google.com

wolfeitz

You guys are AWESOME!

Just for searchability, I was running ASP.NET 1.1. Pages with
validation controls were working perfectly on my localhost however when
I posted to production I recieved errors. The fix mentioned above
worked perfectly, thank you!