    I'm browsing to the site in IE, so it is not a browser problem and the
    validtation works on other sites on the same server.

    PLs help
    Tom, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Tom

    charmis Guest

    Hi Tom
    I think javascript may be not enabled in your browser in test server.

    visit this link: http://dev.cybersessions.com/testbrow/javascript-IE55.html

    regards
    charmis

    charmis, Dec 15, 2004

  3. Tom did enabling jscript work for you?
    Patrick

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Tom

    Dan Bass Guest

    Tom,

    A common problem...
    All you need to do is insure that the "aspnet_client" folder, usually in the
    Inetpub\webroot, is copied into the root folder of your project. To confirm
    this, check the "spnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322" folder you've copied
    contains "WebUIValindation.js".

    Thanks.
    Dan

    Dan Bass, Dec 15, 2004
  5. To complete that, if the aspnet_client folder isn't there,
    or if the files have been deleted or corrupted, run

    aspnet_regiis.exe -c

    to install the client side scripts to the
    aspnet_client subdirectory of each IIS site directory.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ===========

    Juan T. Llibre [MVP], Dec 15, 2004
  6. I had the same problem earlier so I copied aspnet_validation from my local
    (validation working Pc) to the server it was working for a month..this
    morning validation stopped firing.I checked files are exactly same..I am able
    to access webvalidation.js script file in test server from my pc using the
    link...
    Does anything changed becos of security patches that microsoft released last
    week.
    any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    GP

    =?Utf-8?B?R1A=?=, Dec 15, 2004
  7. HI GP,
    Run aspnet_regiis.exe -c from the command.
    It will fix it..
    Patrick

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Dec 16, 2004
  8. We ran this command ..command ran fine..but still the same problem..Save
    buttons save without checking any validation in the client side.
    Any help in this problem is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    GP

    =?Utf-8?B?R1A=?=, Dec 16, 2004
  9. GP,
    Now try running this command to re-register it..
    aspnet_regiis.exe -i
    aspnet_regiis.exe -r
    GDLCUK..
    Patrick
    ** if error persists post it *

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Dec 16, 2004
  10. Check the settings in the Tools->Internet Options->Security>Custom
    Level->Scripting of your IE. Enable Java scripting in the browser and it
    will work.

    with regards,

    J.V.Ravichandran
    - http://www.geocities.com/
    jvravichandran
    - http://www.411asp.net/func/search?
    qry=Ravichandran+J.V.&cob=aspnetpro
    - http://www.southasianoutlook.com
    - http://www.MSDNAA.Net
    - http://www.csharphelp.com
    - http://www.poetry.com/Publications/
    display.asp?ID=P3966388&BN=999&PN=2
    - Or, just search on "J.V.Ravichandran"
    at http://www.Google.com

    Ravichandran J.V., Dec 18, 2004
  11. Tom

    Guest

    You guys are AWESOME!

    Just for searchability, I was running ASP.NET 1.1. Pages with
    validation controls were working perfectly on my localhost however when
    I posted to production I recieved errors. The fix mentioned above
    worked perfectly, thank you!
    , Jan 20, 2005