asp.net debugger question

Philip Townsend

I frequently need to debug .aspx files that contain url querystrings.
Currently, when debugging, I wait for the page to load with an
exception, then enter the querystring and continue debugging. Does
anybody know a way around this? Is there a way to specify the arguments
within VS.NET? Thanks!

S. Justin Gengo

Philip,

It isn't the greatest workaround, but when I need to do this I create a test
page that is simply a Response.Redirect to the real one (with the query
string info included of course).

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

Jason S

Phillip,

Not sure what you mean exactly but I follow this for all debugging:

Hit Ctrl Alt P
select machine and process
Attach
dispel window
set break point in the code
fire up browser, navigate to page

If the page has a querystring in it, I see it just fine. If you're saying
you don't have a page that is generating those query strings and you are
just testing the callee then I would mock up a quick test client page to
call your troublesome .aspx page.

Regards,
Jason S.