ASP.NET DropDownList & Arabic characters

Mutley

I am finding an issue with the current DropDownList and ListBox ASP.NET
Web Controls.
I had a system set up for Arabic and a string that I put into a drop
down contained a number. The letters were being displayed in Arabic but
the numbers were appearing as 1,2,3, etc.
In other parts of my app, the Arabic equivalent to these numerals would
appear as expected.
I found an MSDN link to the following web page that mentioned there was
an issue with the current DropDownList and ListBox ASP.NET Web Controls
i.e. they currently only support Latin numerals.
The link is:-
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...FormsControlsInBi-DirectionalApplications.asp

Is there any workaround for this or will this issue be fixed soon?
Thanks in advance for any help
Cheers
John