ASP.NET is not authorized to access

Brent Burkart

I have an asp.net application written that works on every machine I have
tried it on except for one. This one XP machine throws the following error.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource.

Can anyone explain to me why only the one machine might throw that error?

Thanks,
Brent

Chris Jackson

Well, what code is it breaking on? There is obviously a permissions issue
going on, but without knowing what you are trying to do when the code fails,
it's impossible to say what is going on.

Brent Burkart

More specifically

Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.

and

System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)

It appears to be failing when I try to send mail. But like I said, it works
on the other 10 - 15 machines I have tried it on except on this one.

Thanks for you help,
Brent

Chris Jackson

Do you have an SMTP server configured on this machine? In your code to send
the message, are you specifying localhost as the SMTP server, or using an
outside server?

Brent Burkart

Chris,

I do have SMTP server configured on this machine. I do not specify the
localhost and that seems to be the only way to make it work.

I do remember many configurations to the SMTP server to make it work, but it
has worked well on all expect this machine.

Thanks,
Brent