ASP.net Not Running?

Guest

I am new to .net development so please bear with me. I just installed VS.net
2003 on my XP Pro, SP2 machine and tried to start a new ASP.net application
on the local web server. When I did this, I get a message stating that
"Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running
ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web spplications or
services".

I was under the impression that ASP.Net was installed with Visual
Studio.NET, but apparently not. What do I need to do to get this going?

Juan T. Llibre

This has got to be the most asked FAQ for ASP.NET,
and was answered just a few minutes ago right here.

run aspnet_regiis -i

VisualStudio.NET *does* install the .Net Framework.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/