ASP.NET page becomes blank or freezes

Guest

Hi

I have a strange problem with ASP.NET 1.1 SP1 application.

Application has a asp.net page which has a datagrid in it.( data grid/PAGE

has large amount of data. always more than 1MB). There is a hyperlink in the

grid which will open up another detail from. Problem is some times when I

click on the hyperlink, the page never opens and system shows white blank IE

page. After some time page shows the page not found error. I checked the

event log . There is nothing in the log. If I open another window and access

the same URL then that also works. I have also hosted some other ASP.NET 1.1

application int the same development machine. That application also works

fine when this problem occurs. I enabled the ASP.NET tracing. Trace.axd file

does not show any request at all!.. Also IIS 5 web log also does not show the

requests.This means that the request is not getting submitted from IE to IIS.

Any idea?

Following is my machine configuration

OS: Windows XP SP2
IE: 6.0.2900.2180.XPSP_SP2_GDR.050301-1519CO, I installed the latest

cumulative service pack for IE6SP1 also( post SP1 service pack)

..NET Framework 1.1 with SP1
I also have .NET Framework 2 and SQL2005 Express Advanced edition installed

in it.

Ram