Asp.Net Web Service accessing file on UNC share

BrianS

I have a web service which uses threading and impersonation to call a STA
object. I have also followed KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325791 to impersonate
correctly with STA component.

I put <identity impersonate="true" /> in web.config

Right before my File Access, I confirmed the correct user in
System.security.principal.windowsidentity.current().name

I set correct NTFS permissions on the file. I still get access denied msg
when trying to get this file. I thought code impersonation avoids having to
use Kerberos delegation? Why can't I access this file? (it works on local
webserver)

Regards,

Jan Peter Stotz

BrianS schrieb:

I set correct NTFS permissions on the file.

I am relatively new to .net and I need to do change NTFS file-permission
and owner via asp.net, too. Could you give me a hint how you change NTFS
permissions on files ?

Jan

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

How was the user you are impersonating authenticated in IIS? If it used
Windows Integrated Authentication, you need delegation. It is a classic
double-hop issue.

We just had this exact same discussion on a different thread 2 days ago.
All the details are there.

Joe K.