Asp.Net Web Service accessing file on UNC share

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by BrianS, Feb 10, 2005.

  1. BrianS

    BrianS Guest

    I have a web service which uses threading and impersonation to call a STA
    object. I have also followed KB article
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325791 to impersonate
    correctly with STA component.

    I put <identity impersonate="true" /> in web.config

    Right before my File Access, I confirmed the correct user in
    System.security.principal.windowsidentity.current().name

    I set correct NTFS permissions on the file. I still get access denied msg
    when trying to get this file. I thought code impersonation avoids having to
    use Kerberos delegation? Why can't I access this file? (it works on local
    webserver)

    Regards,

    BrianS, Feb 10, 2005

  2. BrianS schrieb:

    > I set correct NTFS permissions on the file.

    I am relatively new to .net and I need to do change NTFS file-permission
    and owner via asp.net, too. Could you give me a hint how you change NTFS
    permissions on files ?

    Jan

    Jan Peter Stotz, Feb 11, 2005

  3. How was the user you are impersonating authenticated in IIS? If it used
    Windows Integrated Authentication, you need delegation. It is a classic
    double-hop issue.

    We just had this exact same discussion on a different thread 2 days ago.
    All the details are there.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Feb 11, 2005