asp.net xp_cmdshell

m3ckon

Please help me?

I am writting an upload page in asp.net (using vb.net) for my intranet.
I have got the upload working ok, and I then want to run a stored proc
which will run a dts command using xp_cmdshell.

I have set the permissions correctly so that my SQL account I use has
permission to execute the SPROC and execute the xp_cmdshell.

But my question is what ASP objects should I use to run this stored
procedure??

I deally I want to see the DTS ressults diplayed to the screen, I've
tried using a datareader, but it does not seem to be working

can anyone help?

Scott Allen

Hi m3ckon:

As Patrick suggested you should post some code. You'll need to use the
SqlConnection class to establish a conneciton to SQL Server, and the
SqlCommand class to send a command to execute xp_cmdshell (set the
CommandText and CommandType properties).

DTS also provides COM interfaces to interact with if you need a finer
level of control. See: