asp.net xp_cmdshell

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by m3ckon, Sep 30, 2004.

  1. m3ckon

    m3ckon Guest

    Please help me?

    I am writting an upload page in asp.net (using vb.net) for my intranet.
    I have got the upload working ok, and I then want to run a stored proc
    which will run a dts command using xp_cmdshell.

    I have set the permissions correctly so that my SQL account I use has
    permission to execute the SPROC and execute the xp_cmdshell.

    But my question is what ASP objects should I use to run this stored
    procedure??

    I deally I want to see the DTS ressults diplayed to the screen, I've
    tried using a datareader, but it does not seem to be working

    can anyone help?

    m3ckon, Sep 30, 2004

  2. post ur code!

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=, Sep 30, 2004

  3. m3ckon

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi m3ckon:

    As Patrick suggested you should post some code. You'll need to use the
    SqlConnection class to establish a conneciton to SQL Server, and the
    SqlCommand class to send a command to execute xp_cmdshell (set the
    CommandText and CommandType properties).

    DTS also provides COM interfaces to interact with if you need a finer
    level of control. See:

    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/

    Scott Allen, Sep 30, 2004