    Mail From box. "Web Server Request". How can I add a reply to piece to
    this, so when a user clicks on Reply, it sends it to a valid e-mail address.

    Thank you
    dthmtlgod, Aug 24, 2004

  2. What mail component are you using?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 24, 2004

  3. dthmtlgod

    dthmtlgod Guest

    CDONTS. .

    message news:...

    dthmtlgod, Aug 24, 2004
  4. Are you on an NT server? If not, you should be using CDO instead of CDONTS.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026 But, either way, you can set the
    ..From field as Curt suggested or set the Reply-To address of either mail
    object.

    CDONTS:

    oYourCDONTSMailObject.Value("Reply-To") = ""

    CDO:

    oYourCDOMailObject.ReplyTo = ""

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 24, 2004
  5. dthmtlgod

    frmrsrs Guest

    Thanks

    message news:...

    frmrsrs, Aug 24, 2004
  6. dthmtlgod

    dthmtlgod Guest

    Ray, so should this work? The replyto isn't taking. Message does send OK.

    <!--
    METADATA
    TYPE="typelib"
    UUID="CD000000-8B95-11D1-82DB-00C04FB1625D"
    NAME="CDO for Windows 2000 Library"
    -->
    <%
    Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

    With cdoConfig.Fields
    .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
    .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "EXCSERV01"
    .Update
    End With

    Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

    With cdoMessage
    Set .Configuration = cdoConfig
    .From = "Automation_Server"
    .To = ""
    .Subject = "Sample CDO Message"
    .TextBody = "This is a test for CDO.message"
    .Replyto = ""
    .Send
    End With

    message news:...

    dthmtlgod, Aug 24, 2004
  7. Put the valid e-mail address in the .From not the .ReplyTo

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 24, 2004
  8. What "isn't taking" about it? If you receive the message, then your ASP
    code should be fine. Are you saying that when you reply to the message, it
    is not addressed to your reply-to account? Are both of those e-mail
    accounts defined in your Exchange server? What I mean is that where I am, I
    have multiple e-mail SMTP e-mail addresses setup for myself on my Exchange
    server. So, if I set a reply-to address to be one of my alternate e-mail
    accounts, Outlook will still resolve that address to be "Costanzo, Ray" when
    I go to reply. To test accurately, I'd have to set a reply-to address of
    .

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 24, 2004
  9. That I did not catch.

    Yes, in order for the SMTP server to be willing to send your message, at
    least as far as MS SMTP, you need a valid .From address. You can do that as
    "Automation Server <>" if you still want the "Automation
    Server" to appear as the name.

    The .ReplyTo is only necessary if you want the .From not to be the .ReplyTo.
    If .ReplyTo is not specified, .From is what will be replied to.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 24, 2004