asp / visual studio question

Adrian

In visual studio when I lay-out my html code,
Visual studio decides otherwise, and puts all
the lines behind each other. This makes it
difficult to find things you are looking for in
the code. I know I can use <! comment>,
which will bring a line upto the l.h. margin,
but that isn't an option for all the code lines.
Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks,
Adrian.

Adrian

Well, I start off with lines like so:
<.....................>
<.....................>
then, after a while, Visual Studio changes my layout
for it to be like so:
<.....................><.....................>
When you are looking for something, that is
a bit difficult, because the layout is one big glorous
mess and things are hard to find.

Adrian.

Adrian

Is that VS2003 dotnet 1.1
Adrian

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Is that VS2003 dotnet 1.1 or VS2005 dotnet 2.0?

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

Adrian said:
In visual studio when I lay-out my html code,
Visual studio decides otherwise, and puts all
the lines behind each other. This makes it
difficult to find things you are looking for in
the code. I know I can use <! comment>,
which will bring a line upto the l.h. margin,
but that isn't an option for all the code lines.
Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks,
Adrian.

Eliyahu Goldin

In 1.1. it is a known problem with no solution. VS mangles your html when
you switch to the Design View and back. Try to minimize using the Design
View. When you do use it, always switch back to the Html View and press
ctrlZ (Undo) twice. It should restore your formatting.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Adrian said:
Is that VS2003 dotnet 1.1
Adrian

Adrian said:
In visual studio when I lay-out my html code,
Visual studio decides otherwise, and puts all
the lines behind each other. This makes it
difficult to find things you are looking for in
the code. I know I can use <! comment>,
which will bring a line upto the l.h. margin,
but that isn't an option for all the code lines.
Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks,
Adrian.

Adrian

Thank you,

Adrian
--
Eliyahu Goldin said:
In 1.1. it is a known problem with no solution. VS mangles your html when
you switch to the Design View and back. Try to minimize using the Design
View. When you do use it, always switch back to the Html View and press
ctrlZ (Undo) twice. It should restore your formatting.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]