ASPdotNet Deployment

Saeid Bagheri

Dear friends
i have made a web application by using ASP.Net 2003.
We use it in our compnay.
Now i want to sale this application to another company also.
Currently all files including .vb,.rpt,.xsd,.resx,.aspx are in WWWRoot
folder in my server.
I am very worry about my application source because as i mentiond all files
are accessible in WWWroot Folder.
about desktop applications as you know we can make a setup package which
will be installed and source will be safe with us.

Regarding ASP.net application i dont know how to secure my source code.
Is there any way for this reason ? what is standard way to deploy we
applications.

Please help.
Regards

Mohan

Hi Saeid Bagheri,

Yes that is the main problem on deploying asp .net application or any
web application. I suggest to hide your main code logic on dll or you
can give web service reference of your company's site to the another
company's site to whome you are redistributing the application.

Mohan
(e-mail address removed)

Saeid Bagheri

Dear Mohan
What you think about precompilation announced on VS 2005 ?
Regards

Mohan

Hi all

are you aware about windows installer package (MSI). How can i create
windows installer package for my .net application (Windows application)

mohan

Mohan

Hi

are you aware about windows installer package (MSI). How can i create
windows installer package for my .net application (Windows application)

mohan

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

There are many tools available for creating MSI packages. A google search
will turn up many many options. I like using WiX.

This is the wrong newsgroup for installer questions though.

Joe K.