    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 8/29/2003
    Time: 1:00:22 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: TEST
    aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2716) stopped unexpectedly.

    1. There is nothing about it in MSDN

    2. ASP.NET account is admin on that machine.

    3. The error seems happening when identity is impersonated <identity
    impersonate="true" />

    4. When I try to impersonat the identity I also set the correct identity
    under the Anonymous user (Administrator on this machine).

    5. The same settings work on another box

    6. I run Framework 1.0 SP2

    How can debug this problem? Is this a bug?

    Thanks,

    -Stan
    Stan, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Hi Stan,

    Thanks for your post. I reviewed it carefully, and think more information
    is needed before moving forward:

    Could you please tell me which operating system you are using now? If you
    are using Windows 2000 SP4, please refer to KB artile:

    Overview of the "Impersonate a Client After Authentication" and the "Create
    Global Objects" Security Settings (821546.KB.EN-US.2.2)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821546

    We have got such similart reports before. After changing the policy
    setting, the problem should be resolved.

    If the problem persists, I suggest you to reinstall asp.net 1.0 on the
    system. To do it, please use the steps at
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306005. You could also download .NET
    framework 1.1 and install it on the system. It could be got at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/howtoget.aspx.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    HuangTM
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    MCSE/MCSD

    This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Tian Min Huang, Aug 30, 2003