    There are no errors in the Application Event Log.

    Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions as to how I can correct it?
    Thanks in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbCBXZWJlcg==?=, Sep 14, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbCBXZWJlcg==?=

    Hermit Dave Guest

    under 2003 to my knowledge aspnet runs from within w3wp.exe process.

    on your 2k3 server you should see this process when you call an aspx page or
    open the project in you client dev box
    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)
    "Phil Weber" <> wrote in message
    > I'm attempting to debug an ASP.NET Web application in VS.NET 2003. I'm
    > running the app and the debugger on my local machine (Windows XP
    > Professional). I am logged in as a local administrator. In order to rule

    out
    > permissions issues, I have set the processModel username to "SYSTEM" in my
    > machine.config.
    >
    > Here's my problem: The ASP.NET app (compiled in debug mode) works

    correctly,
    > whether I start it with debugging (F5) or without (Ctrl+F5). However, the
    > ASP.NET worker process (aspnet_wp.exe) does not appear in Task Manager's
    > process list, nor in the Processes list of VS.NET's Attach Debugger

    dialog.

    Hermit Dave, Sep 14, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbCBXZWJlcg==?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    The only time I've seen this is when logged in under Terminal
    Services. In this case you can check the "show processes from all
    users" or "show processes from all sessions" check box.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com

    Scott Allen, Sep 14, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbCBXZWJlcg==?=

    Hermit Dave Guest

    my bad... for xp.. just click show Processes from all users under task
    manager as scot suggested

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 14, 2004
  5. More weirdness: If I add the ASPNET user to the VS Developers group and
    insert a System.Diagnostics.Debugging.Break statement in my code-behind, then
    I get a JIT Debugger popup asking if I want to debug the code in a new
    instance of Visual Studio (bear in mind that I launched the app from within
    Visual Studio). If I answer "Yes", a new instance of VS.NET is launched and
    it attaches to aspnet_wp.exe. At that point I'm able to step through my
    code-behind, etc.

    So my question is, Why can't the first instance of VS debug, but a second
    instance launched by the JIT Debugger can?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbCBXZWJlcg==?=, Sep 15, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbCBXZWJlcg==?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Phil:

    This does sound odd, I've never seen anything like it.

    Scott Allen, Sep 15, 2004