    Can anyone help me diagnose this problem?

    Thanks,
    Adrian

    aepuras, Aug 28, 2007

  2. aepuras wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > We are using a machine with win 2000 server and IIS 5.
    > It hosts some ASP, ASP.NET 1.1 and ASP.NET 2.0 applications.
    >
    > The aspnet_wp processes memory usage builds up untill we are getting
    > out of memory system errors.
    > We need to kill both aspnet_wp processes a few times a day in order to
    > bring the server back to life.
    >
    > Can anyone help me diagnose this problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Adrian

    Have you made any bug fixes, modifications, upgrades ?
    Is there anything in the event logs ?
    Or resorses, like open stream, etc. left open ?
    Any COM and/or 3rd party objects not destroyed ?
    Just make sure - probably something small but important is omited...

    Regards,
    Petar Atanasov
    http://a-wake.net

    Petar Atanasov, Aug 28, 2007

  3. aepuras

    bruce barker Guest

    see:

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Aug 28, 2007
  4. A very likely culprit is InProc session management. Are you using it? Do you
    store large amount of data in session? If you do, consider the
    out-of-process session service.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer