aspx files not running on my localhost server

M Luper

I have visualStudio.NET on my laptop. The OS on the laptop is XP
Proffesional. When I installed visualStudio.NET on my laptop I thought
that all of the dotnet framework was installed, but when I try to run aspx
files from my local host the page will load but it wont recognize the
elements of the page. It throughs text up on the screen like it was loading
a text file. How can I get my server to run aspx files.

M Luper

that link is not active it says that the page is not available.
Another side note. I was looking to see if I had an aspx dll on my
computer, I have an asp dll but I could not find an aspx dll.

Tu-Thach

That link is active, watch for line wrap. The dll that
IIS use for aspx is aspnet_isapi.dll.

Tu-Thach

Scott

Have you installed XP SP1? That may correct the problem.

If I'm not mistaken, XP will also install the dotNet
framework, and VS.Net will install the dotNet framework
only if it's not installed already (i.e. W2K, W98, etc.)

Did you install IIS when you install VS.net? If not, that
could be part of the problem also.