Attribute 'ms_2d_layout' is not a valid attribute of element 'table'

CdnRebel

Hi,

I got the above message on the code below. The code is in an ASP.NET program
(I think from version 1.1) and the error message shows up when I open the
file in Visual Studio 2005. I am new to ASP.NET and Visual Studio. Is there
another way to write that to get the same results? This is happening on
every other program that I have opened on the website that I am updating.

<TABLE height="737" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="737" border="0"
ms_2d_layout="TRUE">

Thanks!!

Guest

Hi,

I got the above message on the code below. The code is in an ASP.NET program
(I think from version 1.1) and the error message shows up when I open the
file in Visual Studio 2005. I am new to ASP.NET and Visual Studio. Is there
another way to write that to get the same results? This is happening on
every other program that I have opened on the website that I am updating.

<TABLE height="737" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="737" border="0"
ms_2d_layout="TRUE">

Thanks!!

It's a validation error.

Go to Tools - Options - Text Editor - HTML - Validation
(or View - Toolbars - HTML Source Editing)

and change the target schema for validation

If this attribute (ms_2d_layout) is not needed, simply remove it from
your code

CdnRebel via DotNetMonster.com

Alexey said:
[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]

It's a validation error.

Go to Tools - Options - Text Editor - HTML - Validation
(or View - Toolbars - HTML Source Editing)

and change the target schema for validation

If this attribute (ms_2d_layout) is not needed, simply remove it from
your code

Hi Alexey,

Your information got me to a certain point, but I wasn't sure what to change
the target schema to. I think that I had mentioned that I am new to ASP.NET,
Visual Studio and C# and I may have forgotten XML. What should I be
selecting?

Thanks!!
Mary

Guest

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
It's a validation error.
Go to Tools - Options - Text Editor - HTML - Validation
(or View - Toolbars - HTML Source Editing)
and change the target schema for validation
If this attribute (ms_2d_layout) is not needed, simply remove it from
your code

Hi Alexey,

Your information got me to a certain point, but I wasn't sure what to change
the target schema to. I think that I had mentioned that I am new to ASP.NET,
Visual Studio and C# and I may have forgotten XML. What should I be
selecting?

Mary,

the target schema depends on your document. It's used for client-side
markup validation (and intellisense + autocomplete). In your case, the
problem is not really in the schema, but in the ms_2d_layout attribute
which is not supported by selected target schema.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f940516c(VS.80).aspx

If you do not want to use validation, you can turn it off. For
details, see

How to: Set Validation Options for HTML Editing in Visual Web
Developer.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0byxkfet(VS.80).aspx

Hope it helps

CdnRebel via DotNetMonster.com

Alexey,

Bo Chen on ASP.Net forums sent me the following info with regard to this
problem, but they weren't as thorough as you about fixing the validation:

First, you don't have to fix validation errors. They don't stop your program
from running correctly.

Second, ms_2d_layout is not known to be a valid attribute for table indeed.
Likely, it is an additional attribute used somewhere in the client code. If
it is true, just ignore the error.

see original post at: http://www.mcse.ms/message2358272.html

Thanks,
Mary