Authenticate windows folder security with ASP?

Chad Richardson

I have created an appln in ASP to upload some files. and
through my appln when i click the link i can view them.
but if i know the path where the files are stored, i can
just type in the url in my browser and still open the
file. i want to avoid other people from viewing these
files and only want them to open through my appln.
How can this be achieved? Also this application is hosted
with a hosting company on a shared server...so not sure if there
are limitations as to the solution in that environment.

Thanks,
Chad