Basic Authentication, WebService

oliver.wulff

I did the following to add http basic authentication for calling a
webservice:

chz11086.HelloAuthTestService service = new
chz11086.HelloAuthTestService();
service.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("oliver",
"oli");

service.Url="http://chz11086:10001/xmlbus/HelloAuthTest/HelloAuthTestService/HelloAuthTestPort/";
String retValue = service.hello("Oli from .NET");

But it fails. I've added an interceptor which dumps the whole soap request
and http headers. I'm missing the http header Authorization: BASIC: ......

What am I doing wrong?
Can I add an http header manually?

oliver.wulff

Hi
my webservice is not running in IIS. To check if the authorization http
header has been added, the message is sent to a tcp monitor which
delegates the request to my webservice. Unfortunately, this header hasn't
been added by my .NET client. I've done the following:
String url = "http://chz11086:10001/xmlbus/berech...Berechtigung_1_0Service/Berechtigung_1_0Port/";
chz110861.Berechtigung_1_0Service service = new
chz110861.Berechtigung_1_0Service();

service.PreAuthenticate = true;
NetworkCredential myCred = new NetworkCredential("cha3629","oli");

CredentialCache myCache = new CredentialCache();
myCache.Add(new Uri(service.Url), "Basic", myCred);
service.Credentials = myCache;

service.Url = url;
service.ping();
MessageBox.Show("Succeeded");

oliver.wulff

No further ideas?
I've found similar requests in other newsgroups about this issue but there
was no reply. They used the same code as I do.
Is there a bug?