binary of gcc and gfortran of snapshot 2008-0111 for windows is available for download

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by post, Jan 12, 2008.

  1. post

    post Guest

    post, Jan 12, 2008

  2. post

    e p chandler Guest

    Re: binary of gcc and gfortran of snapshot 2008-0111 for windows isavailable for download

    On Jan 12, 3:03 pm, "post" <> wrote:
    > www.equation.com
    > Free compiler for multi-core and multi-processor computer.

    How does this differ from FX Coudert's distribution?
    e p chandler, Jan 12, 2008

  3. post

    Tim Prince Guest

    e p chandler wrote:
    > On Jan 12, 3:03 pm, "post" <> wrote:
    >> www.equation.com
    >> Free compiler for multi-core and multi-processor computer.

    > How does this differ from FX Coudert's distribution?

    advertising content, for one.
    Tim Prince, Jan 12, 2008
  4. post

    post Guest

    >How does this differ from FX Coudert's distribution?

    No comparison. One thing for sure is the distribution has a win32-based
    libgomp.a for OpenMp. The distribution does not need pthread-win32 DLL.
    post, Jan 13, 2008
  5. post

    jacob navia Guest

    post wrote:
    > www.equation.com
    > Free compiler for multi-core and multi-processor computer.

    When I start the compiler I get

    d:\gcc\bin>gcc hello.c
    gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

    The compiler is unable to do anything. When called in
    standalone mode it works

    gcc
    d:\gcc\bin>gcc
    gcc: no input files

    But it doesn't do anything else

    --
    jacob navia
    jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr
    jacob navia, Jan 13, 2008
  6. post

    post Guest

    "jacob navia" <> wrote in message
    > post wrote:
    > > www.equation.com
    > > Free compiler for multi-core and multi-processor computer.
    > >

    > When I start the compiler I get
    >
    > d:\gcc\bin>gcc hello.c
    > gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

    It seems Installer failed to set envorinment variables.

    Please type the following command

    set | more

    and find out PATH=?
    post, Jan 13, 2008
  7. post

    > When I start the compiler I get
    >
    > d:\gcc\bin>gcc hello.c
    > gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
    >
    > The compiler is unable to do anything. When called in
    > standalone mode it works
    >
    > gcc
    > d:\gcc\bin>gcc
    > gcc: no input files
    >
    > But it doesn't do anything else

    After re-examining your post, it seems you changed to the subdirectory
    d:\gcc\bin to test the compiler immediately after you installed the binary.
    Windows OS requires you logoff, and then login to make "new" environment
    variables in effect. The compiler cannot work without proper environment
    variables (Installer set the variables, but you need to login to make new
    variables in effect).

    If you try again, the compiler should work. It is not necessary to run the
    compiler in the subdirectory d:\gcc\bin. You can run the compiler in any
    subdirectory, for example, c:\temp.

    Good luck.
    post, Jan 14, 2008
  8. In article <M1yij.2959$Y63.2359@trnddc03>, post <> wrote:
    >After re-examining your post, it seems you changed to the subdirectory
    >d:\gcc\bin to test the compiler immediately after you installed the binary.
    >Windows OS requires you logoff, and then login to make "new" environment
    >variables in effect. The compiler cannot work without proper environment
    >variables (Installer set the variables, but you need to login to make new
    >variables in effect).

    1) I'm amazed that the CLC topicality police aren't all over this
    thread. Come on, guys! Cat got (all of) your tongues???
    2) (OT, duh...) What you say above isn't true. Depending on exactly how
    "the installer" set the variables, at most, all you should need to do is
    open up a new CMD shell window.
    Kenny McCormack, Jan 14, 2008