binary of gcc and gfortran shapshot 20080125 for windows

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by post, Jan 26, 2008.

  1. post

    post Guest

    post, Jan 26, 2008

  2. post

    Gerry Ford Guest

    As usual, at the waters where the geeks meet, my ability to comment is
    limited.

    --

    The most common of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably
    not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind.

    Gerry Ford, Jan 26, 2008

  3. post

    none Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 13:32:26 +0000, post wrote:

    > available for download at www.equation.com
    > Enjoy free compilers.

    Would you let us know what has changed between each snapshot that you
    make available?
    none, Jan 26, 2008
  4. "post" <> wrote in message

    > available for download at www.equation.com
    > Enjoy free compilers.

    Thank you for providing this service, which also helps out the
    gfortran people because you provide snapshots more frequently than
    they do, making it possible to determine whether any bugs found
    are due to using an outdated version of gfortran or are still
    present in the current version.

    One problem with your installer, at least the the x64 version, is
    that it sets the LIBRARY_PATH variable without asking the user if
    he wants to do so. As it turns out, this variable seems not to be
    required by gfortran but if set it messes up other installations
    of gcc. Could you take this environmental variable out of the
    installation process or at least ask this user whether he wants
    to set it before doing so?

    6.0134700243160014d-154/),(/'x'/)); end
    James Van Buskirk, Feb 16, 2008
  5. post

    post Guest

    "James Van Buskirk" <> wrote in message
    > "post" <> wrote in message
    > One problem with your installer, at least the the x64 version, is
    > that it sets the LIBRARY_PATH variable without asking the user if
    > he wants to do so. As it turns out, this variable seems not to be
    > required by gfortran but if set it messes up other installations
    > of gcc. Could you take this environmental variable out of the
    > installation process or at least ask this user whether he wants
    > to set it before doing so?

    You are right. The variable LIBRARY_PATH is no longer required. The
    installer will be modified not to set the variable.

    Old version of w64-api and runtime binaries are in the subdirectory
    x86_64-pc-mingw32/lib64. Linker needs the variable to search libraries.
    Current w64 and runtime binaries are in subdirectory
    x86_64-pc-mingw32/lib.The variable LIBRARY_PATH is unnecessary.
    post, Feb 17, 2008