    To trouble shoot, I gave everyone FC on the Page. Same error.

    I've never seen or heard of this before. Any Ideas out there?

    Richard

    Richard Gutery, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Richard Gutery

    Evertjan. Guest

    Richard Gutery wrote on 22 dec 2004 in

    > I have an ASP page that I need to have a Message Box on. When I try to
    > run the page, I get the following message :
    >
    > Exception Not Handled. Permission Denied.

    I don't think you need what you think you need.

    Serverside Message Box is illogical and so denied in ASP.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Dec 22, 2004

  3. Of course, you're Right. What was I thinking???

    Thanks.

    Richard Gutery, Dec 22, 2004
  4. Richard Gutery

    Mark Schupp Guest

    MsgBox is not valid for server-side code. Where would it display?

    Have your ASP page output client-side script (either javascript or vbscript)
    to display the message when the page is displayed.

    <script language="javascript">
    alert("<%=server-side-variable%>";
    </script>

    --
    --Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Dec 22, 2004
  5. Richard Gutery

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    And how what exactly makes this message "bizzare"?

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Dec 22, 2004
  6. Please don't be rude!!!!

    Your reply IS bizarre. The idea is to SHARE!

    U Did't become so good and ARAGONT because ur smart!!!!

    Richard Gutery, Dec 23, 2004
  7. Richard.

    If you see the name of Mark Schupp, Bob Lehmann, Evertjan, Ray Costanzo and
    especialy Aaron, you must understand you deal with professionals who forget
    there was a time they know nothing about ASP or databases. Regrettably they
    forgot these times and find it amusing to challenge other NG users. Maybe
    they all can take lessons on how Bob Barrows reply.

    Gérard.

    Gérard Leclercq, Dec 23, 2004
  8. Yes sir, you are correct. as a Certified Technical Trainer, I try to
    understand the audience and the respondents. I still find it amazing how
    people always seem to 'Forget their roots'.

    Often times, it's replies like the previous ones that make people angry (and
    sometimes embarrassed) enough to not participate in NG discussions. Over the
    years, I've found it interesting that even 'Newbies' can offer up valuable
    information via 'Bizarre questions and observations.

    The best of the season to you and all other NG participants.

    Richard

    Richard Gutery, Dec 23, 2004
  9. Gérard Leclercq wrote:
    > Richard.
    >
    > If you see the name of Mark Schupp, Bob Lehmann, Evertjan, Ray
    > Costanzo and especialy Aaron, you must understand you deal with
    > professionals who forget there was a time they know nothing about ASP
    > or databases. Regrettably they forgot these times and find it amusing
    > to challenge other NG users. Maybe they all can take lessons on how
    > Bob Barrows reply.
    > Gérard.

    Now stop right there. We're all human. Don't place me on any pedestal. If
    you google me, you will definitely find some replies I've made that, well,
    let's just say that I wish I could have them back.

    FWIW, I think the reaction to Bob's post in this instance was a little
    overboard. He waited until the poster had received a resolution, and then
    poked a little fun. I did not perceive it as a flame. I have seen some of
    Bob's flames, and I have no difficulty recognizing them.

    I share his distaste for nondescriptive subject lines. Frankly, I was
    thinking "why is this error message 'bizarre'? in the back of my mind as I
    read the post. In this case (as well as the previous one) I chose to let it
    pass. If the behavior had continued, I might have said something myself, as
    a prelude to adding the poster to my killfile.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 23, 2004
  10. Richard Gutery

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Haven't quite figured out what evil thing I did to get on that list.
    Maybe I should take it as a complement?

    --
    --Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Dec 23, 2004
  11. Gérard speaketh the truth!

    It's hard to reply in a flowery way 100% of the time. Emotions get the best
    of me, and two seconds after sending or reading a snippy reply that I wrote,
    I do feel a bit bad. I apologize for my moments of snippiness.

    And sorry Bob, he's right about taking lessons from you! :]

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Dec 23, 2004
  12. Only if you think I should be insulted to be off it ... ;-)

    We've all posted replies we've regretted. We're only human.

    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 23, 2004
  13. Hi everyone,

    Is there no way to reply to posters with standard clausules or make a
    reference somewhere in www.aspfaq.com instead of replying with silly
    questions? Maybe i express myself not good: i mean if somebody post a
    question, we can post a standard reply without hurting the poster. I believe
    there are some articles on www.aspfaq.com but is there also a list of the
    possible standard answers ?

    Is www.aspfaq.com related to this NG. How to add an article. If not, can we
    create a database? I run my own server and have space free.

    Gérard.

    Gérard Leclercq, Dec 23, 2004
  14. Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > Frankly, I was
    > thinking "why is this error message 'bizarre'? in the back of my mind
    > as I read the post.

    Just to clarify, here are some messages that I would label "bizarre"

    Virgin goats must be sacrificed.
    Insufficient widdershins rotations
    Failure to practice safe sex

    :)

    Sorry, but "Exception Not Handled. Permission Denied." does not seem to
    qualify as "bizarre". :)

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 23, 2004
  15. Somebody consider somthbing as bizarre when he can't find an answer for it.
    So lets try Google with
    "Exception Not Handled. Permission Denied"
    No Result, Bizarre for such a normal error :))
    Gérard

    Gérard Leclercq, Dec 23, 2004
  16. WOW! Even after realizing the folly of my post and posting that folly!),
    this bad boy keeps on going and going and going.

    After taking the shots and ribbing at the outset, I decided to spend time to
    review as many ng's as possible. I don't believe I've yet found a post that
    has rec'd as much attention as this. And yes, there are a lot of ill-stated
    questions, and I'm sure that everyone has posted at least one question, and
    then realized the folly of the post.

    But hey. Thanks to all. I know that I'll be emore cautious next time and I
    dare say that others have probably followed this little soap opera and
    agree. I don't and can't necessarily speak for everyone, but I'm sure we
    will all be "Very Careful" next time.

    Richard Gutery, Dec 28, 2004
  17. Richard Gutery wrote:
    > WOW! Even after realizing the folly of my post and posting that
    > folly!), this bad boy keeps on going and going and going.

    :)
    No it doesn't. It finished 4 days ago, until, that is, you decided to keep
    it going ... ;-)
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 28, 2004
  18. Sorry, just got out of the hospital!

    Richard Gutery, Dec 28, 2004
  19. There was nothing for which to apologize (I was joking, not chastising), but
    I forgive you. Here's hoping the reason for your hospital stay was not
    serious and that you've fully recovered from whatever it was.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"