Bluetooth - Rococo sdk - java

Peppe

Hello,
Who can help me ?
I realized a java application that send by obex (opening a
ClientSession) a file (text,or jpg images for example) but i can't to
write a code to receveid message (note or foto-images) from my
cellular(nokia 7650).i can't to put server side (my pc whith a usb
dongle bluetooth) in listening state in order to accept cellurar
"message".

p.s. I use Rococo sdk java api.

Giuseppe - Italy

Rob Shepherd

Peppe said:
Hello,
Who can help me ?
I realized a java application that send by obex (opening a
ClientSession) a file (text,or jpg images for example) but i can't to
write a code to receveid message (note or foto-images) from my
cellular(nokia 7650).i can't to put server side (my pc whith a usb
dongle bluetooth) in listening state in order to accept cellurar
"message".

p.s. I use Rococo sdk java api.

Giuseppe - Italy

I've never used this stack so I cannot give you any implementation hints

however,

You will need to (roughly)

1. Write Scan Enable for inquiry
2. Write Scan Enable for Page

in other words make discoverable, make connectable

3. Implement some form of Service through the SDK's SDP library to
provide a service which the phone can connect to...

I do not know much about phones but,
they will only use a sub set of all Bluetooth profiles.

maybe

Object Push Profile
File Transfer Profile

or failing these,

Generic Object Access Profile

or maybe you can make a new service your self to embed into the phone.

The phone should connect to your PC, make an SDP connection and search the PC's SDP
database for a profile matching (probably one of the above) or one which you program the
phone to use...

The service records found will allow a conenction to be made to the service in question.

Please could you tell me where I can find the SDK you are using..

is it free or trial ?

regards
Rob

| Rob Shepherd |
| can be contacted privately through a temporary email account. |
| Courtesy of http://www.mailinator.com |
| |
| (e-mail address removed) |
| |
| This address will not be checked (by me) after May 31st 2004 |

Peppe

Rob Shepherd said:
[...]

Ok..The problem isn't inquiring,make discoverable, and service record
recognized, beacuse i have implemented it.

1) I inquiry the bluetooth device (my cellular nokia 7650)
2) I Ask to remote device (nokia 7650) if it has a obex service(0008)
3) The remote device confirm that it have the service and give me its
url (url service)

?4?) Now,the problem! When i try to open a connection (using a
javax.microedition.io.connector). Is the problem j2se instead j2me? or
other?

Please could you tell me where I can find the SDK you are using..
www.rococosoft.com

is it free or trial ?

trial, for university student and no commercial use. see the
www.rococosoft.com for precise info.

Giuseppe - Italy

Rob Shepherd

Guiseppe Wrote
Now,the problem! When i try to open a connection (using a
javax.microedition.io.connector). Is the problem j2se instead j2me? or
other?

You can download an implementation of javax.microedition.io.connector from

http://www.me4se.org

I am assuming you havn't got these classes. If so please elaborate on your problem.

regards

Rob

Rob Shepherd

trial, for university student and no commercial use. see the
www.rococosoft.com for precise info.

Giuseppe - Italy

All I could find is a simulator development kit for Linux (impronto), is that what you
use? How can you get access to hardware?

cheers

Rob

| Rob Shepherd |
| can be contacted privately through a temporary email account. |
| Courtesy of http://www.mailinator.com |
| |
| (e-mail address removed) |
| |
| This address will not be checked (by me) after May 31st 2004 |

Peppe

Rob Shepherd :
All I could find is a simulator development kit for Linux (impronto), is that what you
use? How can you get access to hardware?

cheers

Rob

Yes, I use java api that you can find in simulator dev. kit. for linux(impronto).

I get access to usb dongle (trust bt120) by Bluez (see www.bluez.org).