    already, but I'm always interested in reading more to reinforce the
    language. No reviews on Amazon yet so I'm not sure if it's good or not.

    Thanks.
    John Salerno, Nov 18, 2007

  2. John Salerno

    Maurice LING Guest

    John Salerno wrote:
    > Anyone know anything about this book? I've read a few intro Python books
    > already, but I'm always interested in reading more to reinforce the
    > language. No reviews on Amazon yet so I'm not sure if it's good or not.
    >
    > Thanks.

    A cursory glance while standing in the bookshop suggest that I should
    give it a closer read - there are some interesting stuffs that caught my
    eyes but I only have time for a quick flip then.

    maurice
    Maurice LING, Nov 18, 2007

  3. John Salerno

    John Salerno Guest

    Maurice LING wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >> Anyone know anything about this book? I've read a few intro Python books
    >> already, but I'm always interested in reading more to reinforce the
    >> language. No reviews on Amazon yet so I'm not sure if it's good or not.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > A cursory glance while standing in the bookshop suggest that I should
    > give it a closer read - there are some interesting stuffs that caught my
    > eyes but I only have time for a quick flip then.
    >
    > maurice

    Thanks. My nearest Barnes & Noble doesn't usually have stuff like this,
    but I'll see if they do and maybe I can get a better look myself.
    John Salerno, Nov 18, 2007
  4. John Salerno

    Guest

    On Nov 18, 12:17 am, John Salerno <> wrote:
    > Anyone know anything about this book? I've read a few intro Python books
    > already, but I'm always interested in reading more to reinforce the
    > language. No reviews on Amazon yet so I'm not sure if it's good or not.
    >
    > Thanks.

    It's a mostly good book. I found the author to be slightly arrogant as
    he would dismiss certain features of Python on occasion and there were
    a couple of "huh!?" moments where he contradicted what seems (to me)
    to be common Python idioms.

    But there's a lot to like too. There's a real app or two at the end
    and it covers using cgi in Python better than any of the other Python
    books I've read.

    Mike
    , Nov 19, 2007