Book Suggestion: Microsoft Outlook / Exchange connectivity from .N

musosdev

Hi peeps,

I'm working on an Intranet application for our company in ASP.net (3.5), but
we've recently switched to Exchange/Outlook for email and are slowly
discovering all the other featrures.

One of the great things is the Tasks, and we've previously used the Intranet
to remind people to input data regarding a certain training session, after
it's occured.

Naturally, we can see the benefits of firing these reminders into their
Outlook Tasks, rather than them having to log on to the Intranet to see the
reminders.

What I'm looking for is recommendations for a book that will get started on
connecting asp.net with Exchange / Outlook. I know .net pretty well, so it's
jsut the interop side I need to get up to speed on.

Our system uses AD/Exchange 2007/Outlook 2007/.net 3.5, so need something
fairly up to date technology wise.

Any recommendations greatfully received!

Cheers

Dan

musosdev

Thanks Mark, very helpful! :)

The clarification about Outlook Interop gives me the direction I need to
look in (i.e. Exchange) which is great.

I'll check out the Exchange groups....