Book Suggestion: Microsoft Outlook / Exchange connectivity from .N

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by musosdev, Oct 5, 2009.

  1. musosdev

    musosdev Guest

    Hi peeps,

    I'm working on an Intranet application for our company in ASP.net (3.5), but
    we've recently switched to Exchange/Outlook for email and are slowly
    discovering all the other featrures.

    One of the great things is the Tasks, and we've previously used the Intranet
    to remind people to input data regarding a certain training session, after
    it's occured.

    Naturally, we can see the benefits of firing these reminders into their
    Outlook Tasks, rather than them having to log on to the Intranet to see the
    reminders.

    What I'm looking for is recommendations for a book that will get started on
    connecting asp.net with Exchange / Outlook. I know .net pretty well, so it's
    jsut the interop side I need to get up to speed on.

    Our system uses AD/Exchange 2007/Outlook 2007/.net 3.5, so need something
    fairly up to date technology wise.

    Any recommendations greatfully received!

    Cheers

    Dan
    musosdev, Oct 5, 2009

  2. musosdev

    musosdev Guest

    Re: Book Suggestion: Microsoft Outlook / Exchange connectivity fro

    Thanks Mark, very helpful! :)

    The clarification about Outlook Interop gives me the direction I need to
    look in (i.e. Exchange) which is great.

    I'll check out the Exchange groups....

    musosdev, Oct 6, 2009