Users are being prompted to login to our IIS server, when trying to view Adobe report from CR for .N

Rod

We've implemented forms authentication with Active Directory. We're slowly
working on converting our Crystal Reports' reports from a VB6 application
into Crystal Reports for .NET in our ASP.NET application. So far, we've got
2 done but we have several more to go.

Anyway, we've discovered something which is pretty irritating for our users.
When they go to any of the Crystal Reports for .NET and view it, they can
see it just fine. However, if they then click on the button to print it to
Adobe Acrobat, it will always prompt them for a username and password on the
IIS server hosting the ASP.NET application, if they are not a part of the
Domain's Administrators group! (We have discovered that it is related to
how they are logged into Windows - not what account they are logged into our
ASP.NET application.) Since I and the other developers are all members of
the Active Directory's Administrators group, we never get prompted to login,
the Adobe Acrobat file comes up in the browser and all is right with the
world. But, CLEARLY, we don't want to add off users to the Administrators
group on the domain! Nor should it be the case that the user must login to
Windows at their site using some account and password known on our network.

So, the question is, what are we doing wrong and how do we fix it?

Rod

Thomas Wenning

Rod said:
[...]

Hi Rod,

do they have the Rigths to create a temporary pdf file in the folder at the
Server?
Read this:
http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2014432.asp
http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2010773.asp