Booking script

MarcusB

Hi,
At our place we have Video Projector which people use to book. So far we
have on paper booking system.
I need some help in writing asp (web application) which will help us in
booking procedure. The application should look when projector is not
booked display calendar or list free times. User will specufie the day
(days) and time when she or he want borrow projector.
Is there some ready scripts which I can adjust to our purpose.

Regards
Marcus

Mike Brind

MarcusB said:
Hi,
At our place we have Video Projector which people use to book. So far we
have on paper booking system.
I need some help in writing asp (web application) which will help us in
booking procedure. The application should look when projector is not
booked display calendar or list free times. User will specufie the day
(days) and time when she or he want borrow projector.
Is there some ready scripts which I can adjust to our purpose.

Regards
Marcus

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+asp+code&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Doug

Marcus,
You'll have to make quite a lot of changes if you wish to track at higher
resolution than by day, but you could use eZevent (here's a link where you
can get it)
http://www.codeproject.com/asp/ezevents.asp?df=100&forumid=2474&exp=0&select=1062685

I've used this on one as the starting place for one of mine, though with a
lot of modification even for what I was doing. You can see how it works
there (www.aquatomics.com <- follow the event calendar link on the left). On
that site, I have to approve every event that gets inserted. The code stores
the event data in a database, then retrieves to build a calendar.
Registering an event inserts a new event into a database. I think the
original code allowed for user modification of entries, etc. Anyway, you
might check it out as a starting point.