Building a WSDL by hand

plork123

hello all

i'm trying to build a wsdl file by hand that uses document/literal
style. Please can aanyone lead me to a good example or some skelton
code to get me started?

Because i need to return xml from one of my methods i've written a xsd
file. I need to be able to link my xsd to my wsdl so that when a
method is called in my webservice the xml returned is parsed through my
xsd

Can anyone tell me how i link my wsdl and xsd together

Thanks for any help

Scott Ellsworth

plork123 said:
i'm trying to build a wsdl file by hand that uses document/literal
style. Please can aanyone lead me to a good example or some skelton
code to get me started?

I had to create such a beast myself when I was using Perl. I did it by
creating appropriate interfaces in Java, then using Axis to expose them.
It generated an OK wsdl, which I could then modify.

Note that if you are using .NET, you might want to use their tools
instead, as they are more particular.

Scott

plork123

Thanks Scott

I'm using Java with Axis

Would it be possible to send me a snippet of you wsdl that returns the
xml?

I don't know whether you knwow a better way of doing this, i have a web
service method that returns a db recordset, i then use jdom to convert
my recordset into xml string and then retuning the sml string. But
this is causing a problem

i've created the java and doen javs2wsdl - would the best way to go
from there would be to create a xsd to return the xml sring as proper
xml dom?

thanks for any help