C++98 = ANSI/ISO Standard C++?

jrefactors

C++98 = ANSI/ISO Standard C++? This is the current one that most C++
programmers are using?

I heard C++ is still evolving, C++0x, but I don't know too much about
that.

Please advise. thanks!!

Mike Wahler

C++98 = ANSI/ISO Standard C++?

Essentially, yes, but it's not the very latest version.
C++2003 is the latest (but it's still very close to
C++1998; to the best of my knowledge, it's mostly
defect repairs).
This is the current one that most C++
programmers are using?

I still use the 1998 version for reference, and haven't
got into too much trouble yet. :)
I heard C++ is still evolving,
Yes.

C++0x,

We don't yet know what the 'x' will be, '05, '07, or what.

You can get your own .PDF version of the latest standard
for a nomimal fee (I believe it's still less than $20U.S.)
from www.ansi.org. Search for '14882'

-Mike

Ioannis Vranos

C++98 = ANSI/ISO Standard C++?

Yes.

This is the current one that most C++
programmers are using?

The most recent one is ISO/IEC 14882:2003 which is essentially ISO/IEC
14882:1998 bug fixed.

I heard C++ is still evolving, C++0x, but I don't know too much about
that.

It is. C++0x is an alias of the next major update, but it will take
some/much time until we see it.