    that.

    Please advise. thanks!!
    , Dec 18, 2004

  2. Mike Wahler Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > C++98 = ANSI/ISO Standard C++?

    Essentially, yes, but it's not the very latest version.
    C++2003 is the latest (but it's still very close to
    C++1998; to the best of my knowledge, it's mostly
    defect repairs).

    >This is the current one that most C++
    > programmers are using?

    I still use the 1998 version for reference, and haven't
    got into too much trouble yet. :)

    > I heard C++ is still evolving,

    Yes.

    > C++0x,

    We don't yet know what the 'x' will be, '05, '07, or what.

    You can get your own .PDF version of the latest standard
    for a nomimal fee (I believe it's still less than $20U.S.)
    from www.ansi.org. Search for '14882'

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Dec 18, 2004

  3. wrote:

    > C++98 = ANSI/ISO Standard C++?

    Yes.

    > This is the current one that most C++
    > programmers are using?

    The most recent one is ISO/IEC 14882:2003 which is essentially ISO/IEC
    14882:1998 bug fixed.

    > I heard C++ is still evolving, C++0x, but I don't know too much about
    > that.

    It is. C++0x is an alias of the next major update, but it will take
    some/much time until we see it.

    --
    Ioannis Vranos

    http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys