cache and webfarm

Fabio R.

I'm developing a web application that needs to support a webfarm scenario so
I've used a filecachedependency on a shared folder (for now, always in my
local machine) to clear cache on all application processes / server when I
update some data...
On some articles (like
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/12/WebFarms/) someone suggests
to use a webservice call on every server in the farm, this webservice simply
invalidate or update the cache.
My doubts are:
- is the filedependency on a shared folder (also used for filesession) a so
bad idea, can I have any problems using it?
- can the webservice method be more efficient?
- what happens if the servers with webservice are dual CPU (with 2 asp.net
process running)? Can be the cache invalidate on both with that method?
Thanks to anyone can give me an explanation, I'm not so expert in webfarm
scenario... :)
Fabio R.

Fabio R.

About the second point:
tha app can get into trouble if more than 125 users try to read/write on the
UNC share at the same time or if IIS needs to monitor (to notify changes)
more than 125 files?
Thanks for your reply,
Fabio